Words from our Children & Parents
- Before the course I used to get angry and shout a lot, the most important thing was to win and score lots of goals. Now the Junior Whistlers has taught me to enjoy football and most important is to make sure everyone on my team enjoys the match. I have not had a warning card at playtime since we have done the training and I used to get at least 3 or even 4 some weeks.
Regan, year 6 pupil
- I had a really fun time and learnt lots of things about playing fairly. I would have liked a longer time with the junior whistlers. I think the course was extremely exciting, we have learnt a lot more about respecting each other and playing games as a team. Next, we’re going to make a rota so we can referee each other’s games of football to make sure it’s played fairly
Emilie, year 5 pupil
- Junior Whistlers is the best course ever, I want to do it every day so we can enjoy team games and nobody argues and gets hurt.
Aaron, year 4 pupil
- I enjoyed playing dodgeball and camping outdoors the most at Holiday Club
Ethan, year 1 pupil
- School's Out Holiday Club is great and I really loved our themed weeks. We did the great outdoors, had a BBQ, set up tents and played lots of games. My favourite week though was Hollywood where we made masks with lots of glitter and had a talent contest.
Isabelle, year 5 pupil
- I have been to clubs before but they can be boring, Schools Out is buzzing. I really enjoyed fun time Friday and our teatime treats, especially pizza. I liked the board games, puzzles and craft activities the most and we played outside lots and lots and the sports and games were tiring but so much fun.
Harry, year 3 pupil
Feedback from teaching staff and partners
- The whole course was thoroughly engaging for both children and adults! There was a variety of activities which stimulated and gained the interest of children. It was delivered in good humour but got across the serious message of respect. Children have learnt from this and it is a good capacity building session as they now can deliver these skills and pass onto younger children
Mr A Longworth, Y5 Teacher, Chorlton Primary
- The course was very well run and the tutors have extensive knowledge both about football and more importantly behaviour management. This resulted in a tailor made experience for our pupils and they looked forward to the sessions every week. Children who I would not have expected to engage and shine came to the fore and exhibited new skills. We will most definitely be working with Generation Foundation in the future
Mrs T Kiernan, Learning Mentor, Westwood Primary
- Just a quick e-mail to say a huge thank you to you and your team in delivering the activities for the Sure Start Childrens Centre Celebration day. The team that you provided on the day were excellent and very professional. I am looking forward to working in partnership with Generation Foundation, they are an excellent organisation.
Mr J McVeigh, Surestart Employment and Training Officer
- Both the children and I really enjoyed this course. It has inspired many of the children to referee games at school and allowed them to see the importance of the role of a referee. The range of activities was really good and they allowed for a lot of interaction by the children, even those that are not so interested in football. The leaders were knowledgable, approachable and had the right mix of positive praise, reassurance and behaviour management. I will be running the programme again in the Summer Term with another year group. Thank you for this opportunity
Miss G Newman, PE Co-ordinator, Highfield Primary
- The children really enjoyed the course and have been using their skills to ref matches for the younger children at break and lunch times. A number of children in particular have taken the role very seriously and its nice to see them responding to your input. The children who referee decide who has shown good team play and present the Whistlers trophy to them in assembly. Thank you so much for your support
Miss S Kay, Y6 Teacher, Morecambe Bay Primary School
- The tutors were amazing as all of the pupils were fully engaged during the sessions. They also got involved in lunchtime activities and were noticed by a number of staff for their excellent attitude with the children. We will certainly have another course at St Luke's in the future.
Miss E Hughes, PE Co-ordinator, St Luke's Primary
- It is exactly what we are trying to promote as a school and it is delivered in a very child-inspiring and child-friendly way
Mr A McLindon, KS2 Teacher, St Peter and Paul Catholic Primary
- The course has been very, very positive. From disputes every lunch hour there has not been one dispute regarding football since the course. We were very pleased.
Ms L Case, Headteacher, Rivington Primary